Key issues involved in managing consultants’ time
by: Asta Development plc
A recent survey examining the key issues involved in the management of consultants’ time has revealed that consultancies are not maximising fee-earning potential due to poor internal systems. The survey commissioned by the Oxfordshire based software solutions provider, Asta Development identified five top issues:
1. The level of accuracy of data in management reports
2. Achieving target utilisation rates
3. Establishing what work consultants have actually carried out
4. Under billing due to not capturing timesheet information quickly and accurately
5. Forward planning which consultants are needed to deliver client assignments
These issues are in fact perfectly preventable.
The most surprising result of the survey is the number of consultancies that use ad-hoc, often in-house developed standalone software systems for managing projects, resources, time and expense capture and billing. The very industry that advises on how to improve organisational efficiency and effectiveness is failing, at least in part, to take its own medicine.
|http://www.top-consultant.com/articles/Key Issues Involved in Managing Consultants Time.pdf|